Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Stormy Snowy Weather!!


The fourth graders wrote some creative stories, which were inspired by the exciting weather we are experiencing, with the story starter "What would you do if it snowed six feet?".

Tommy
Six Feet of Snow

I am snow plowed in my house and I cannot get out of our doors because the snow is six feet high. So First I would go into our garage get a heavy duty strong rope, and then I would climb out the window with the rope. After that I would make snow tunnels under the snow and play tap-tap-tap and tag. I would have a hardy time with my brothers, my mom, and my dad. I would go in my grandpa’s pool and hot tub for a long time. Then I would go too Crystal Mountain and went snowboarding.

                                                                                                                                                 David

Last night it snowed 6 feet. First, I made a dark fire. After getting warm by the fire, I stayed inside until the snow melted, and then I ate crisp fruit and cookies.  I got a flashlight and played games like hide and seek in the dark, and board games. I read books by the fire. After my dad got home from work, he set off a bunch of fire crackers and sparklers on the back porch in the deep tunnels we made. It was very, very fun.


                                                                  Dan
If a snow storm came that brought 6ft of snow, I would go get a lamp and go play upstairs and if I didn’t have a lamp I would get something out of the garage that could give warm light. Then I would play tag and drink apple cider. I think I would have a very fun and exciting time!


Molly Hier
   
One day I woke up to a white blanket on the ground. My dad said that it was called snow. I really wanted to go play in the snow so I got all dressed in my special snow outfit. Finally I was ready; I was in a huge snow outfit I could hardly walk. But when I finally got outside I stepped off the porch, which thankfully had a roof over it. Burr! I just fell under ten feet of freezing white stuff. Was this the snow? “Yes” said my mom, do you want me to pull you in the sled? “Oh yes” I cried as my mom held out a bright red sled. So my mom heaved me out of the snow, put on her special snow shoes, so she wouldn’t  fall under, and then we went zooming across the clean fresh snow, it was very fun. I did the sled over and over and then we had steaming hot coco. After we had that nice cozy break we went back outside, found out that the pond was frozen then went ice skating on it. But after a few rounds around, I fell down and scraped my knee I had to go inside and get a band aid, and then we had more hot chocolate, and took a long nap. It was fun!  

CRYSTAL
 Last night it snowed 6 ft. of fluffy, powdery, white snow. After I finished rejoicing I heard the phone ring, it was Rose telling me that there was no school until the snow melted! I was so excited that I went and woke up Ruby by jumping on her bed. Ruby was so excited she jumped out of her extremely bouncy bed. After we made our beds we went down stairs to sit by the cozy fire and warm ourselves. Then we put are snow clothes on and went outside. When I got outside I brought my sled all the way up the elephantine hill by my grandpas yard. I took a few steps back and ran forward. At first I was going good than I bumped into the fence and flew off the sled and landed in the Stephenson’s yard. Then I got up feeling a little sore, and tried it again! But I did the same thing! Then I tried a third time, and made it all the way down the hill without crashing into the fence. Then I gave Ruby a try. It was a fun adventure!    
   




1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed your stories.Keep writing!:)

    ReplyDelete