Monday, October 18, 2010

Announcements

4th Grade Made Their Breakfast Goal:
We will be having our breakfast soon. The exact date is still being determined.

Latin Lesson #3

Practical Latin:
Surge - stand up (one person)        Surgite - stand up (more than one person)

Latin Prayers (The Sanctus)
Sanctus, Sanctus, Sanctus
Dominus Deus Sabbaoth
Pleni Sunt caeli et terra gloria Tua.

Vocabulary
navigo                    I sail
porto                      I carry
oro                          I pray
laboro                    I work
specto                     I look at


Science  -
Words to remember for next class
Weight is a measure of how strongly one thing is attracted to another by gravity.
Mass is how much of something there is.
The metric system unit for weight is the newton - named after Sir Isaac Newton.

Challenge Words:
In the English system mass is measured with the unusual unit called a slug.
The unit for weight in the English system is the pound for larger weights, and the ounce for smaller weights.

4 comments:

  1. i really like learning latin, its a lot of fun, i like school!!!! by:molly jo hier

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like teaching you!!! I think we are ready for a another Latin King Elephant game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4th Grade -
    I never heard of a 'slug' in measurement until I saw it on your class blog yesterday afternoon. Last night when we were measuring Eloise Joy, we had to convert grams to ounces, and on the conversion list was 'slugs'! I was able to say, "I know what a slug is. The 4th grade learned about them today!" (By the way, Eloise weighs 4 pounds and 1 ounce now!) -Mrs. Williams

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think it is really neat that you can use slugs even when your measuring a baby! A LIKE LEARNING ABOUT MEASUREMENTS! BY: MOLLY JO HIER

    ReplyDelete